The Alexander Technique is a learned skill. It can help you identify postural habits that cause stress and strain in every day activities. By learning to look after yourself, tension is progressively reduced, restoring ease of movement.
An Alexander lesson is taught on a one to one basis by a certified Alexander teacher typically once a week. An Alexander lesson is participatory in nature resulting in the student re-educating themselves to move with less stiffness and greater poise.
A recent study published by the British Medical Journal suggests the Alexander Technique can help with back pain, in particular, and it has also been known to improve neck and shoulder problems.
Who Can Benefit from Learning the Alexander Technique?
The Technique helps students to overcome:
- Muscle tension and stiffness
- Back, neck and shoulder discomfort
- Persistent postural problems
- Anxiety and stress related conditions causing muscular pain
People use the Alexander Technique to:
- Improve performance and prevent further injury
- Develop ease and elegance in movement
- Change conditions that stop you from enjoying a happy, healthy life.